Utilizing clinical social work techniques and theory, consults on, assesses, and intervenes with high-risk patients and their families regarding the impact/amelioration of emotional and social problems. Duties also include, but are not limited to, conducting psychosocial assessments, making a psychosocial diagnosis, planning and implementing effective treatments, evaluation, education, coaching and mentoring of the patient (client) and family members. The position consults with, collaborates and communicates with a wide range of social, governmental and legal agencies, courts, schools, clinics, other hospitals, physicians and other sources in the overall care of the patient.
The position includes support of BMC’s Memory Disorders Clinic & Geriatrics Ambulatory Practice.
- Requires Master’s Degree from an accredited school of Social Work.
- Requires a Massachusetts license as a Licensed Certified Social Worker or Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (or eligible for licensure within 90 days of hire).
- 3-5 years of experience working with an older adult population is highly preferred.
- Requires knowledge of Social Work process and community resources and agencies relative to health, protective services, crisis intervention, disability, etc.
- Advanced interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with various healthcare professionals, to develop and maintain effective therapeutic relationships with patients and families, and to supervise graduate students.
- Must be comfortable in a fast paced and dynamic work environment (sense of humor is valued).
- Excellent English language skills to summarize and communicate orally and in writing moderately complex information in varied formats to internal and external customers.
- Cultural sensitivity and comfort with a wide range of racial and ethnic populations. Bicultural/Bilingual competency a plus.
- Computer literacy with ability to use standard word processing, spreadsheet programs and e-mail (i.e. MS Word, Excel, Outlook) and web browsers.
85 East Concord Street, Boston, MA 02118