Project Director of Engaging Men and Boys in Sexual Violence Prevention (Lowell EMBASVP)
This is a three year Grant Funded Position. The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the
implementation of the U.S. Department of Justice/Office on Violence Against Women Engaging
Men and Boys grant. (Lowell-EMBASVP) The EMBASVP project supports two main activities:
(1) working with two partner agencies to build capacity to implement sexual violence
prevention campaigns targeted to men and boys.
(2) building a larger community network of men engaged as allies in preventing sexual violence.
I. Job Duties/key tasks:
1. The PM will provide leadership, direction, coordination and accountability for all the
activities within the grant.
2. The PM plans, directs, and coordinates activities of project to ensure that goals or
objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
3. The PM will write status reports, quarterly statistics and collect data to report on
4. The PM will also provide administrative support for execution
5. Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project
6. Ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
7. May also coordinate project activities with activities of government regulatory or other
8. Responsible for overall quality and management of major projects or programs.
9. Oversee budget and ensure financial accountability.
10. Create subcontracts for partners and contracts with consultants for program/
11. Provide content expertise, including train project partners on sexual violence,
prevention, working with men and boys.
12. Supervise program delivery, assess client needs.
13. Recognize and solve potential problems and evaluate project/program effectiveness.
14. Established operating procedures for project/program. Ensure procedures meet
15. Conduct research and write reports/articles.
16. Network with local, state and national agencies for future program development.
II. Job Requirements
The successful candidate must have:
1. Advanced degree in social work, sociology, public health, management or related fields.
Or equivalent lesser degree and five to ten years of experience.
2. Three to five years of experience in sexual assault and/or domestic violence prevention.
3. Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex projects that are strategic
in nature and community or statewide in scope.
4. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships
with key stakeholders.
5. Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to execute projects on time and
6. Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
7. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
8. Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
9. Demonstrated ability to work in a small team setting.
10. Good computer skills, proficient with ms office applications.
11. Superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence etc.)
12. Ability to travel in Lowell and out of state to required grantee meetings
III. Preferred Skills and Attributes
1. Maturity, sound judgment and lived experience in working within social change
movements and the work to end sexual violence, particularly experience with and a
strong desire to work with multi-ethnic and multicultural groups.
2. Bilingual language skills, particularly Spanish and/or Portuguese are highly desired.
3. A positive leadership style that motivates and encourages participation.
4. An unrelenting desire to learn and make a difference in Lowell.
5. A deep dedication and belief in The CHH mission and the anti-violence movement.
6. A belief that working hard and having fun go hand-in-hand.
7. Experience with the federal government grants and reporting process is an asset.
The Salary is commensurate with experience, including a competitive compensation and
Please fax (978) 458-2822 or email:
(1) resume (2) three references and (3) salary request to:
Kate Lessard, Director of Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use subject heading: Application for EMBASVP Project Manager Position
Position open until filled.