BOSTON HOUSING AUTHORITY
JOB TITLE: SERVICE COORDINATOR
SALARY RANGE: $44,069 – $51,646.74
POSTING DATE: March 26, 2014
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 8, 2014
|APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit a cover letter along with a resume or employment application to the Director of Human Resources, 52 Chauncy Street, 9th Floor, Boston, MA 02111|
Under the general supervision of the Director of Community Services, and working closely with other CSD staff, the Services Coordinator is responsible for the on-site coordination and implementation of the service component of the ROSS 2012 service coordination (DREAYM) program at selected BHA family public housing developments, as needed, and provides case management to residents via household assessments and service plans.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides case management services (intake, assessment, develop and monitor goals) including job search assistance to residents at selected public housing developments.
- Conducts outreach, recruitment and client tracking of residents utilizing the self-sufficiency services and the Provider network.
- Develops effective relationships with neighborhood health, workforce development, and other service providers and collaborates with the same agencies to ensure delivery of services to residents of selected BHA developments.
- Serves as a liaison with community agencies providing social services to the selected BHA developments.
- Responds to management referrals regarding resident household issues that may impact upon tenancy.
- Creates appropriate plans of action to address issues with residents.
- Participates, attends, and coordinates meetings with the Property Managers and the Tenants Associations, resident committees, services providers, community groups and professional organizations as required.
- Prepares monthly performance report and maintains files on all his/her program participants.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree with two (2) year’s experience working with families, youth, elders and people with disabilities or MA/MSW with two (2) years of related experience. Experience may be substituted for formal educational requirements. A minimum of two years of combined experience in social services delivery, program administration, and case management. Excellent written and oral skills, strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Experience working in public or other affordable housing environments a plus. Computer literacy required. Bilingual applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. The ability to work in a public housing setting and nights and weekends when needed is essential.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply